Our policy applies to you if you use our products or services in store, over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or if you use any of our websites or interact with us on social media.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://buybesttech.com.
BuyBestTech is Europe’s leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company. We pride ourselves on giving our customers simple and independent advice on which electronic and technology products are right for them.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal information about you when you visit one of our stores, use our Websites (“Websites”), or use our web or if you communicate with us by phone, e-mail and social media.
The types of personal information we collect includes:
- Personal details such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number and other contact information Transaction information, such as the product you purchased, its price, your method of payment and your payment details.
- Your account information – such as dates of payments owed and received, the subscription services you use or any other information related to your account
- The phone numbers that you call/send messages to or the phone numbers that you receive calls/messages from.
- The date and time of the calls and messages you send or receive through our network, and your location at the time these communications take place.
When you’re online the information we collect includes:
- Account information, like your username, password, and other identifiers or credentials you use to access our online services or to buy our products and services, details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite brands and products.
- Details of your visits to the Website.
Examples include ads that you click, device information and your location, IP address and cookie data.
- Information that you provide in your dealings with us. This includes when you register to use our online services, or when you subscribe to our services or request further services and/or information from us.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
The situations when you provide personal information could include when you:
- Purchase products at our stores or through our contact centre
- Register or use our Online Services
- Request to receive marketing or other communications
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Who we share your data with
Our service providers
We work with suppliers and insurers so they can process your personal information on our behalf and only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that helps them provide their services to us or to help them provide their services to you. For example, some of our service providers place advertising for us online, about our products and services and those of our retail partners, suppliers and third parties. As a result, where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing from us, you might see online advertising that we have placed on the web sites you visit, or the interactive services you use.
Other organisations and individuals
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we’re asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions
- Information may also be shared with fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraudulent claims
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
- With emergency services (if you make an emergency call), including your approximate location
- Companies that enable us to collect your reviews and comments, both online and offline.
- We may use trusted third parties to carry out certain activities on our behalf and may share your personal data with them for the purposes of: processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site, issuing our emails for us and collecting product/customer feedback from you via surveys
- Companies which run our contact centres because they need your personal information to identify and contact you.
- Companies that provide insights and analytics services for us so we can stock the right products, send the right marketing campaigns and understand our business and customers better
How long we retain your data
We will keep your personal information for as long as you’re a customer. If you haven’t made a purchase or engaged with us for 3 years or more, then we’ll remove you from our marketing mailing lists. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for up to 7 years after the last time you interacted with us. This could include one of the ways specified in ‘How we use your personal information’ and for one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints
- To show that we treated you fairly
- To maintain records according to rules that applies to us
- To establish, bring or defend legal claims.
We may keep your data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it in order to help support product recalls or safety notices. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
You have the right to request what personal information we hold about you. This is sometimes called a ‘Data Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we’ll provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. Except in rare cases, we’ll respond to you within 30 days after we’ve received this information or, where no such information is required, after we’ve received your request.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
In certain circumstances you have the right to request a copy of your personal information from us or to have that information passed to an organisation of your choice in a format that can be easily re-used.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we’re not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests, as set out under ‘How we use your personal information’, you may object to us using it for these purposes. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we’ll permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we’ll provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It isn’t accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it.
- It’s not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
- You’ve already asked us to stop using your data but you’re waiting for us to tell you if we’re allowed to keep on using it.
Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you provide other details to help us respond to your request.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us .
Please make sure you provide the following identification documents as part of your application:
- Please make sure you provide one proof of identity (we suggest either a utility bill in your name or your driver’s licence, but other similar formal documents may be accepted, please note the documents cannot be older than 6 months) as part of your request.
What are cookies
How are cookies managed
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our websites are designed by:
- BuyBestTech’s cookies are necessary to let you make purchases on our website.
What are cookies used for
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For BuyBestTech to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To let BuyBestTech to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To let BuyBestTech meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when you purchase a product visiting our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings > Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu “Files” > “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you won’t be able to complete a purchase on our sites.
If you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is handled, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email to email@example.com
Complaining to the Data Protection Regulator
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. Please visit the ICO’s website for further details at: https://ico.org.uk
Changes to this Policy
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website and/or by contacting you by email.